State of Virginia Public Records
The state of Virginia maintains and operates numerous central depositories of records which can be accessed by the public and private entities. A directory of the most common as well as lesser known record providers helps to see where to make requests and how. Individual departments can search and provide state criminal history, official vital certificates, recorded documents, licenses and more. As a major administrator of records sought regularly, Virginia’s government offers online services to request information or files directly from its departments.
- Virginia Statewide Criminal Record Check
Criminal history and name searches.
- Virginia Property Records
Search property data and GIS maps.
- Certified Virginia Birth, Death, Marriage and Divorce Records
How to get vital record information.
- Virginia Statewide Business Search
Obtain business, corporate and company information.
- Virginia Statewide Professional License Lookup
Search licensing records, disciplinary action and complaint history.
- Virginia Statewide UCC Search
UCC filings and debtor search certificate requests.
- Virginia Elections and Voter Information
Voter registrations, elections and elected officials.
- Register a Business in Virginia
One stop process to establishing and registering a business.
- Virginia Business Services
Free downloadable government forms for businesses.
- Virginia Tax Information for Individuals and Businesses.
Search tax resources.
- Virginia Department of Historic Resources
archives and archaeological history data and more.
- Search For Virginia State Employees
Employee directory name search.
- Virginia Inmate Information
Department of Corrections offender locator.
- Search Virginia Law
Lookup Virginia codes and laws.
- Virginia State Agency Directory Search
Contact any agency statewide.
- Search for State Financial Institutions
Consumer protection and complaints.
- Unclaimed Property Search
Records from the Virginia Treasury's division.
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce
Visitors guide and business resource for the state of Virginia.
- Virginia Census Information
Census bureau quick facts and information.
- Virginia Genealogy and Ancestry
Find public archival records for genealogical research.
- Virginia State Patrol and Statewide Police Agencies
Information and services of state and local police departments.
- Virginia Missing Children Clearinghouse
Search for missing and exploited children.
- Virginia's Most Wanted Persons
Search for fugitives and most wanted by law enforcement.
- Virginia Sex Offender and Crimes Against Minors Registry
Database of persons convicted of violent and sexual offenses.
- Virginia State Fire Marshal's Office
Provide fire safety to protect life and property of Virginia citizens.
- Virginia Airports
Airport and flight information.
- Library of Virginia
Research archival records, search catalog and find local libraries.
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
DMV services and resources for Virginia drivers.
- Request a Driver or Vehicle Record
Obtain a copy online or by mail.
- Virginia Education and Schools
Virginia State Department of Education.
- Virginia State Parks
Locations, fees, reservations, events, camping and programs.
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
Providing environmental information, tools and updates.
- Virginia Secretary of Natural Resources
Environmental priorities to protect property and resources.
- Department of Virginia Game and Inland Fisheries
Hunting, fishing, boating, wildlife watching, licenses and permits.
- Virginia GIS Data Portal
Search public information from government agencies.
- Virginia State Maps
Obtain geologic and topographic maps and free travel maps.
- Virginia Facts, Government and Population
Information on Virginia; economy, government and culture.
State of Virginia Courts
Virginia's state Supreme and Appellate courts' case information can be searched by name, type of cases, lower tribunal or case number. A search of the case management system can be conducted by appellant/petitioner or appellee/respondent. View calendar, case status and information of Virginia's judicial system available to the public.
Public Records Search
Virginia Records By County